I heard this when I came online and still hear it to this day.
At first, I didn’t pay much attention to it, but I have learned over the years that it is TRUE!
The sooner you learn this, the quicker you will succeed online.
Building your list is still the #1 key to building a business online.
It doesn’t matter if you are an affiliate marketer or a program/product owner.
This is the basis to your business. It must be treated as an asset in your business.
It’s easier to sell to an existing customer then getting a new one.
However. You will always be filling your list with new members, but your sales will come mostly from your loyal customers. So keeping your list active and growing is critical to the success of your online business.
Creating a relationship with that list helps your customers get to know you and people buy from those they know, like and trust first.
What is the steps in building a list?
1. Research: This is the first step and the one most likely to be neglected. You need to know your subject, the problem, the solution and who your competition is.
2 . Autoresponder: You need a place to store your list and contact them from. A good autoresponder is a must. Not all autoresponders are the same, but there are several good ones out there.
- Recommendations: TrafficWave Autoresponder
Add Your Name and Email for More Information:
Email Marketing by TrafficWave.net
3. Offer: You must have an offer that people in that niche want or need and give it to them as a way to get them on your list. Find a problem and solve it. Make it irresistible.
4. Relationship: Building a relationship with your list is critical. You do this thru your email series and also thru networking. Like I said above, people buy from people they know, like and trust first.
5. Quality Products: Only offer quality products in your email series. Those you use yourself is best. Those from reliable sources is another option. Do your research in this area. If you offer a product that isn’t top quality, you could lose a customer and member of your list.
Your list should not be just to sell products, you need to offer quality content that your list members can use in that niche. This helps build your relationship with those customers and develops trust. Use your content to teach and provide information in your niche. Over deliver, but do not fall into the trap of offering all free products. You need to offer the best products as paid products to build your business.
Now it’s time to start Building A List!